Header

Header

6/24/2013

"Created To Be His Help Meet" - My Thoughts

My best friend, Jocelyn, sent me a copy of "Created To Be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl.

Wow. 

I feel like an older woman sat me down and went through each one of the scriptures pertaining to women/wives and showed me exactly what I was doing incorrectly in my marriage. 

Not like my husband and I have any real problems, but small, little things, like nagging, being manipulative, even in a passive way...you are truly practicing for divorce!

The book teaches principals like being obedient to your husband and reverencing him.

This freaks a lot of women out. Obeying a man? Showing him reverence and respect? No matter what? Doesn't that relinquish a lot of control?

Yes. Yes it does.

This principal has truly opened my eyes. For example:

When my husband and I discuss something, and I express my view on the matter, when he says, "I understand what you're trying to say but I feel like this is the way this needs to happen" ...then accept his authority on the matter and submit. Joyfully.

No sulking. No "nose stuck up in the air" attitude. No riding him to change his mind. 

Simple acceptance.

Because, isn't our marriage supposed to mirror the Messiah and the Assembly?

Since when does the Messiah submit to us and our whims? Never.

BUT -- He does honor our requests and fulfills our needs as He sees fit. Because he loves us.

The same goes for my husband and I. Because I trust, obey, reverence, delight in him, he will, in turn, love and cherish me. He will not be bitter to me and he will do anything he can for me, when he feels like it is the right thing to do and when its in his power.

I don't have to wait around on my husband to do as I say, or submit to my will before I will obey him. That's not what I'm commanded to do. 

My husband is my headship. The Messiah is his headship. And Yahuah is His headship.

There is a hierarchy. Yes, Ephesians does say to "submit to each other in reverence to the Messiah." And that is true! But, that does NOT negate that we, the wives, are supposed to obey, submit ourselves to, and reverence our husbands.

That, in turn, means that they must love and not be bitter towards us!


I read a few "feminist" reviews on this book and I laughed a whole lot. I can see that they are so afraid to obey the man in their lives. Whey can't they trust the Father to lead the husband?

It is not our job to change him. What an amazing concept!

I found this book to be a wonderful tool and in the few days after reading it, I have already seen a change in my life and attitude. My husband is very, very happy. 

I am happy to say that I understand that my high calling of wife and mother IS truly the highest calling. Being a help meet is a wonderful thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment