Header

Header

6/11/2012

Rainy Day in GA

Rainy Day in GA

June 11, 2012 -- 2nd Day

Just another rainy day in Georgia. I haven't gone outside yet to check my garden -- slept in rather late. I had to be up at 3:30am with Hubby to help him get ready for work. It's about a 45 minute drive for him to get there, but thankfully he has a company truck. I confess I probably have a crush on his Ford F-150 Super Duty...I get giddy when I jump up into the cab (I'm really short) and back the truck up for Hubby so we can move the car. Ah, and it has air conditioning. But it's the smell of diesel that I love the most. :)

So, because I got up far too late, I'm finding it a little hard to get started with things this morning. All I want to do is sleep! Alas, in order to convince Hubby that I can manage my dreams of keeping chickens/goats/a massive garden AND keep up with the house work, I need to start showing him that everything housework wise can be finished in a relatively short amount of time. Of course, these aren't his "stipulations", but it does make sense that he doesn't want to fund a project that will take away from housework.

Although, as far as gardening goes, there's not much funding to put into it, and actually, I'm saving the family money: 

One cucumber usually costs about $1, right? Well, I just planted 16 cucumber plants, each that will produce at least 4 cucumbers. That's about $64 worth of vegetables there. But, I bought the seed for $1. Amazing, isn't it? I think once Hubby sees the yield, he'll get more excited about my efforts. :)


I love watching the little cucumbers grow. A week has passed and they're up and at 'em! They were supposed to come up in 14 days, but they were pushing on through in three. I'm so proud. :)


Days like this where I can watch my son and garden grow are just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment