Header

Header

6/10/2012

Cucumbers/Rainy Day Planning

Cucumbers/Rainy Day Planning

June 10th, 2012 -- 1st Day

I never knew I could be so excited about fertilizer and rain -- the two things that are going to push my cucumber seedlings through the soil and into existence. Dear Husband loves cucumbers, but we always have to say 'no' to them at the store because they're so expensive, but guess who has 16 cucumber plants out in the garden right now? Yup, me! I can't wait to see the look on his face when in about a month and a half he eats something that I grew for him. :)

It's amazing how satisfying it is to grow things. It really makes me think about plans for growing things in the future. Mr. Sprinkle (our landlord/resident farmer) is guiding me in the direction of getting a wheat field together. I'm really excited about that. I also want to acquire some chickens/a chicken coop by the end of this year. Along with the wheat, I know I want to grow as much broccoli as possible, along with lettuce, kale, carrots and maybe chard. I need to find a way to store/freeze everything...possibly another freezer? I know broccoli can be frozen for up to six months....:)

Oh, so many things I want to accomplish...I would love to build an outdoor bread oven, wood burning, obviously... A bigger clothesline would be a good idea as well...

Ah, the possibilities. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment