Header

Header

10/14/2012

I'm Glad I Married Young

Ahh, marriage. The most perfect, sacred, wonderful union between a man and a woman, instituted by Yahuah Himself. 

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." - Bereshith (Genesis) 2:24

By today's standards, it is looked upon most favorably when young women finish college, date around, get married, invest in a career and then have maybe two or three children.



What about those of us who decide to get married young and not wait until we're 25-30 to get married? Yeah, we're not really liked very much.

But that's okay, because I'm going to spell out exactly why I feel that it is best for women to marry and have children at a younger age than what the world tells us is acceptable!

1. "You Don't Know What You Want In A Husband So Young!"

Oh, really? I think Scripture makes it pretty clear what we are to look for in a husband. 

"Likewise, urge the young men to be sensible. Show yourself to them an example of good works in all matters. In teaching, so corruptness, seriousness, soundness of speech beyond reproach..." Titos (Titus) 2: 7 - 8

"In the same way, husbands, live understandingly together, giving respect to the wife, as to the weaker vessel..." Kepha Aleph (1 Peter) 3:7

Know what you want from your future husband before you begin dating. Keep your standards high, and you won't be heartbroken over and over again.

2. "You Should Experience Life First."

As a young wife and mother, I truly do feel like I am experiencing life. My life is given to the loving servitude of my family, not to selfish gratification of wasting my time in a government institution to get a degree I'm not even going to use. 

I have practical life experience, such as how to keep a home in order, how to keep my family healthy by providing nutritious meals three times a day, how to soothe a child in a loving manner, and how to be a responsible adult. 

I don't need to go out and party and "get it out of my system" before I "settle down". 

Read Proverbs 31 for an accurate description of how a young woman should behave, especially when it comes to living her life as a homemaker.


3. I Have More Energy For Various Things


Who wants to be 30 or older and only begin having children? Wouldn't you be tired? I'm so glad I have all of this energy to keep up with little ones. I am more muscular, balanced, calm, and flexible than I've ever been in my entire life.

And think about childbirth -- it's for the young! Your bodies are completely developed for childbearing at a young age, so why wait another ten years or so before actually using your body for what it's built for? Birthing was a breeze, and I attribute it to my youth.


4. I Have More Childbearing Years

I feel sorry for those women who have purposefully cut off their childbearing years. Those are some of the greatest years of your life. And the act of giving birth and nursing keeps you young! I thank Yah that I have a lot of time to bring more children into the world, for His glory. 

"Children are an inheritance from Yahuah, and the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of one's youth.Blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them. They are not ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gates." - Tehillim (Psalms) 127:3 - 5 

5. I'm Not Set In My Ways 

As a younger adult, I am not bound in the way I think things should be. I get to grow with my husband, experience new things with him, and fail or succeed with him. We can communicate more openly. We learn from each other. It is truly a blessing. 


I don't feel like young women need to wait forever to get married and have children. Trust Yahuah. Trust your husband. Trust yourself, as a capable woman. The rest will fall into place. Other people have told me that when I get older, I'll regret having married young, but I don't see how anyone could do it any other way. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of people have the idea that marrying young isnt smart because most people today in young adulthood/late teens simply are not mature enough to handle families. But it's because society does put more emphasis on partying/college life/career first and then someday settling down.

    I'm glad I married 'young'. I think I was 22 when I got married. I wouldnt have wanted to marry younger because it wouldnt have been the right man, but Im thrilled we also started making our family young as well. Birth was quick and complication free for us and I pray this birth will be the same.

    Physically, it makes MORE sense to marry young. Socially, many ladies today have not been prepared one iota for the reality of family life. Responsibility is crucial, but for any woman who loves the Lord and wants a husband and children to love as well, it is good she finds someone young and bears children right away.

    Now I realize these things arent possible for everyone. Not everyone actually finds the 'right guy' as soon as they were hoping and fertility issues can postpone child-bearing. But its kinda like the verse that says "Those who can get married, should get married" and why wait? :)

    ReplyDelete