Header

Header

7/01/2012

"If You Give a Mom a Blank Check..."

If You Give A Mom A Blank Check...

July 1st, 2012 -- 1st Day



It's no secret. We all have a wishlist. You know, things we'd buy/do if we had access to stupid amounts of money. Now, I'm not a "big house, big car" kind of a person. I don't want a swimming pool with sharks in it! I'm more interested in practical things...like, paying off the little debt that we have. :)

You know what would be really cool, being able to completely sustain my family with the food supply from our garden, complete with irrigation system, raised beds, etc. And of course, new tools, a tiller of my own, and a little shed in which I can put all my gardening paraphernalia. It would be neat and organized, with veggies, fruit, herbs, flowers here and there...a wooden gate surrounding it. Ahh, that would be the life!

And of course, what would be better for gardening with a baby than something to carry him around in without straining yourself, right? See, I love my Moby Wrap to death, and it's so wonderful for small babies (I haven't figured out a wrap for Godzilla babies like my dear son...) but I'm looking for something a little more sturdy. Upon looking around online for something to meet my specifications, I stumbled upon a homesteading mother who swears by her Ergo Baby Carrier! Ahhh, the things I could do with it! My son does come outside with me into the garden in his stroller, and sure, the stroller is great for the grocery store/going out to eat (I don't trust public high-chairs for anything...too gross), but for walking and being outside...yes, this is perfect. :)

And then there's the car. Ahh, my lovely ex-cop car. I really do love it. And since we only one child (for now), it works perfectly! A little tune-up is all it needs for now, but I'm sure eventually we will acquire a larger vehicle for more children. :)
 
And then, there's my dear darling laundry room! Oh, how I want to paint, plan, and just make it a welcoming spot for me to get to work. I can see it now: my washer in place with my dryer tucked in a corner for rainy-days when I can't use my clothesline. The walls painted a green or a yellow (not too bright though!). A specific place just for my home-made laundry detergent and other cleaning supplies. But you know what would be really neat? A small table for children in the corner so they can look forward to hanging out with mama in the laundry room with special books/coloring pages just for the occasion of being with me while I get some laundry done! Hurrah for dual purposes!

Moving back outside...I dream of a chicken coop, a field of wheat, a bigger clothesline (that isn't tied between two trees, although I'm not complaining!) an area for keeping turkeys (lots of meat), and some dairy goats. Ooooh, the fun I could have...:D 

Looking at this little wish-list of mine, I realize that yes, it costs money, time, and effort...but my dreams aren't so far off! Next week we will have our very own chicken flock. Starting this September, we're putting out the wheat field and our winter veggie garden...next year we will look at goats as well...but it makes me step back and think of the verse in Scripture: "Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you." Mattithyahu (Matthew) 7:7

And it's so true, you know? Yahuah knows my heart's desires and He is already blessing me with the resources to fulfill my dreams of homesteading so my family can be healthy, well fed, and less-reliant on money and more reliant on Him!

Shalom! :) Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment