Header

Header

7/06/2012

Breastfeeding in Public

Breastfeeding in Public

July 6th, 2012 - Preparation Day


We've all heard of people getting dirty looks from people in stores for breastfeeding in public, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before:

I am from Saudi Arabia and I agree with Americans. For woman to feed baby with breast in public is disgusting and filthy habit. A woman must always be discreet and stay in house - best place to feed baby. Outside is not for woman with baby, inside better for woman and baby and family honor. In my family woman with baby stay in house for one year - never go out. Safer, cleaner and more honor. 

Breast in public is work of devil!

Oh, hell no. Sounds like you can go back to Saudi Arabia, thanks! A filthy habit? So, since when is feeding my child a filthy habit? Since when is it healthy for a woman to be cooped up in her house for the first year of their sweet darling baby's life? 


When a weak liberal minded society who doesn't have a tonge to speak out against this indecent, inappropriate, cheap, lowclass behavior, such as public breastfeeding, how long will it be till society 200 years down the road starts condoning Urinating-Defacating in public...its a slippery slope. 
Public breastfeeding is rude, its disrespectful, its shameful and a sexual act of perversion among the women who chooses to expose her sexual private parts in front of everyone to see so we can take the blame of being insinuated as a pervert just for making a complaint to the restaurant manager about it.

Cheap? Low-class? Women have been breastfeeding since the creation of the world. So, tell me, how is it that in "200 years down the road" society will condone urinating/defecating in public if it hasn't been condoned by now? And by the way -- breasts are multi-purpose, you know. Yes, they CAN BE sexual, but their PRIMARY function is nourishment! 

Is it cheap and low-class to expose your mouth in public? I'm sure you've kissed someone at some point in your life, unless you're a total prude in that area too. If you want to follow that train of thought, any part of your body that can be used for "sexual" purposes should be hidden away too, right? Your hands, your mouth...hell, what about the creep-o's that get their jollies by looking at people's feet, huh? Women should all wear burkas then just so nothing "indecent" is showing, right? So what if I go to nurse and a wee bit of side-boob shows? Or what if my baby pulls away for a split-second and heaven forbid, you see a little more than that? I'm not going around parading my breasts on purpose, but everyone on the planet knows that women have breasts. It's no secret. 




We must not allow these foreign heathen habits come into our sacred land. If a baby wants to eat, why, there is so much good food in the stores - why all this breast exposure.

First off, since when is America "sacred"? Don't get me started... Second, have you read the labels of the "good food" in the stores? Don't you know that breastmilk is a PERFECT food for babies and toddlers? They get nutrients from it that you just can't reproduce. 

 Keep it covered! Geez. Religion's got nothing to do with exposing yourself in public like that. All you're gonna do is attract perverts, especially in the US. It's such a deeply personal act and we are not animals with cubs. We are taught to have manners. Sorry. Use a breast pump and get it before you go out. Compromise!

 There are perverts out there looking for any excuse to be creepy whether I nurse in public or not. And compromise? You must not have mammary glands at all if you wrote this. Do you know how hard it is to just "use a breast pump"? Women aren't faucets! You can't just say, "I know my baby is going to need exactly six bottles of milk today" and pump that much! It's supply and demand. Plus, most women need their babies latched on to create a milk let-down. You can't get that with a pump. And what about the bonding with your baby? Bottles can't do that.


It has to do with the fact that I'm with my four year-old nephew at a breakfast restaurant and before we receive our eggs we have to see someone's putrid, disgusting nipple exposed and I have to comfort my screaming nephew because he is so shocked and appalled and confused. 
For god's sake, do you want to see a man whip out his genitals and pee behind his truck? No! Then why should I have to watch some flabby boob flopping around and ruining my appetite when I'm about to eat breakfast?

 Your nephew was only shocked, appalled and confused because some "person whose attitude toward breast feeding has been impeded/hindered/delayed in development" (which are other synonyms for the word 'retard', the word I originally used here to describe said person -- didn't mean to offend, folks!)  taught him that breasts are "putrid and disgusting". I wish him luck with any intimate relations as an adult, because if he's scared of breasts now, wait til he gets married. 


I don't advocate having your entire breast out while nursing in public, but remember, my child has a right to eat just as much as you do. You're just as welcome to go take your food and eat it in the bathroom as my child.


1 comment:

  1. I didnt see the photo at the end (there was a white box with a little red 'X' at the top), but I did read your 'rant' and I found my blood beginning to boil right along with ya! I personally am a bit shy when it comes to BFing in public because I know the stigma it carries here in America, but I wont refuse my child because of America's standards. "Breast IS best" if at all possible, I wouldnt ever make a bottle-feeding mama feel bad about her decision but I know that God designed BFing as a beautiful and healthful bond between mama and baby, not to mention the immunity/nutrition is amazing! Can't be beat by anything 'fake'. So yeah, with my new little one that will be here soon, Im not about to be apologize to America that I will nurture my child the way I see naturally fit. I answer to G-d and my children for the way I raise them, not America's popular opinions.

    ReplyDelete