Header

Header

9/04/2012

Take Back Your Home, Ladies!




This is for the young wives starting out in their new lives with their husbands. This is also for the older mothers who often feel discouraged when faced with "model housekeepers" and their "perfect homes". 

Stop making excuses for yourself. Don't well all always seem to have an excuse for everything that comes up? "Oh, I can't do this because of my _____." Or, "I don't have time for _____ because of ____ and ____." Another one I hear is, "Well, I was going to do ____ but who can do that with children?"

Stop making excuses! Young wives, are you frustrated because you weren't 100% prepared for your housekeeping duties because you weren't trained properly? And older mothers, are you pretty much in the same boat, only you're older?

Take those worn out and tired complaints and put them away. Looking to "I don't know how" or "I was never taught" or even "my children make such a mess" is no way to get your home in order. When you begin to take full responsibility for the state of your life and home, wonderful things happen.


Look at your house -- can everything be found with ease or are you still sifting frantically through piles of paper to find that lost birth certificate or car title you swore you set down at some point? What about those dishes in the sink? The ring in the tub? All the receipts in the bottom of your purse or diaper bag? We all have those days from time to time, but does that need to be the story of your life? No, it doesn't!

Then stand up and take control. You are the Keeper of the Home. You hold the keys to your family's happiness in your hand. Say "no more" to your husband coming home to a mess and no dinner. Say "goodbye" to clutter, but also say "farewell" to perfectionism. 

There are three things I want to share today:

1. 
FlyLady.net  This website has changed my life. I am now 100% clutter free by following her easy scheduling and wonderful encouragement. http://www.flylady.net/

2. 
How A Foolish Woman Destroys Her Home:

- Complaining
- Being Discontent
- Being Disrespectful To Her Husband In Thought and Action
- Being Lazy
- Allowing Worldly Thoughts To Control Her Life and Decision Making
- Not Submitting To Her Husband
- Not Obeying Yahuah In All Areas of Her Life
- Trying To Dominate Her Husband
- Not Seeking And Listening To Wise Counsel.
- Not Putting Yah First

3.

Go read Proverbs 31. Live it. Every day. No matter what.

Now, get off the computer and go bless your home, your husband, and your children! Remember, busy hands are happy hands!

1 comment:

  1. What?! No comments? Then let me be the first, so glad you wrote this article! Yes, I'm a bit late in seeing this, havent been on the blog much. But I love how straight-forward you are! I started out on my journey as a wife thinking 'get the man and life is happy' though I probably wouldn't have used those terms. I got a terrific man and my life is indeed happy, but I started out completely messy and it's taken me a few years and a child later to turn around my wifely priorities and realize that homemaking is a HUGE aspect of what it means to be a wife and helpmeet. Yes, we're all going to have those days where things are left undone due to unforseen circumstances, but why do those have to be the norm? Simply put, it doesnt. Something 'not good' should always be the exception rather than the norm. But as you've said, Proverbs 31 has a lot to say about what IS good in a wife. I've come to find that cleanliness and order is first and foremost a bi-product of the heart and mind, not the hands only. If I dont truly put much value into a meal well made or a house well kept, then I'm probably going to spend my time doing other things that I 'value' more. But if I truly value my calling as a godly wife, then I will put much focus on keeping a home neat, tidy, and pleasant. Attitude of the heart is the first step in making needed changes, then comes diligence and perseverance and lastly HABITS! You mentioned fly-lady, I've heard really good things about that and I might just look further into it! But I'm so thankful that what I am now is not what I was when I first started out as a wife and I know with the right heart perspective and perseverance, I'll get more and more settled and content and yes thriving in my role as godly wife and mother. :) Thanks again for sharing your honest thoughts!

    ReplyDelete